The Gardening Angels are a group of dedicated Orangeville and District Horticultural Society Members. These members tend to a number of Public Gardens located throughout the Town of Orangeville. These gardens help make Orangeville beautiful.
Each of the below mentioned members help tend to one of the 10 public gardens. The beds are planted, weeded, and watered throughout the garden season. The gardens are located at Alexandra Park, Orangeville District High School, Greenwood Cemetery, The Orangeville Seniors Centre, Kay Cee Gardens, C Line Public Works, Orangeville Firehall, Orangeville Police Station, the Centre Street Community Garden and Alder Rec Centre.
For more information on the Public Gardens contact the coordinator Jill Cutter.
2016-2017 GARDEN ANGELS
Jill Cutter, Coordinator
- Alder Street Recreation Centre Themed white, yellow and orange perennial garden for Town of Orangeville.
- Jill Cutter
- Alexander Park Pretty park in the centre of town.
- Liz Nash and Janice Doane
- Fire Hall Delightful large round garden.
- Alison Leonard and Sharon Nelson
- Kay Cee Gardens Redesigned this year, check it out! A half shade half sun garden.
- Pat Kurtz and Joann Lewis
- C-Line Works Department Continuous blooming amazing perennial garden.
- Donna McAvoy and Barb Rankin
- Greenwood Cemetery Yearly in our theme of bright marigolds, eye-catching from the highway.
- Lynda Moore, Jean Phillips and Jean Weigard
- Orangeville Secondary School Our newest revamped garden: an amazing community group effort.
- Sylvia Bradley and Herb Harris
- Police Station 7 gardens here, a huge job, kudos to all of you.
- Lynda Shillum, Betty Logan, Thom Robinson, Maria Martinez and Chris Cox
- Seniors Centre Always a colourful sight!
- Linda Amos, Bruce Smith, Carol Collin and Liz Smith
- Centre Street Community Garden A tiny and mighty garden.
- Liz Nash