The Gardening Angels are a group of dedicated Orangeville and District Horticultural Society Members. These members tend to a number of Public Gardens located throughout the Town of Orangeville. These gardens help make Orangeville beautiful.
Each of the below mentioned members help tend to one of the 10 public gardens. The beds are planted, weeded, and watered throughout the garden season. The gardens are located at Alexandra Park, Orangeville District High School, Greenwood Cemetery, The Orangeville Seniors Centre, Kay Cee Gardens, C Line Public Works, Orangeville Firehall, Orangeville Police Station, the Centre Street Community Garden and Alder Rec Centre.
For more information on the Public Gardens contact the coordinator Jill Cutter.
2016-2017 GARDEN ANGELS
Jill Cutter, Coordinator
- Alder Street Recreation Centre Themed white, yellow and orange perennial garden for Town of Orangeville.
- Estela Embree and Jill Cutter
- Alexander Park Pretty park in the centre of town.
- Joann Lewis and Liz Nash
- Fire Hall Delightful large round garden.
- Alison Leonard and Sharon Nelson
- Kay Cee Gardens Half shade half sun "sensory and meditative" garden.
- Pat Kurtz and Janice Doane
- C-Line Works Department Continuous blooming amazing perennial garden, a "pollinator" garden, winning the OHA "Pollinator Haven" Award last year.
- Donna McAvoy and Miranda Eagleson
- Greenwood Cemetery An annual garden with a bright, colourful eye-catching theme viewed from the highway.
- Jean Phillips, Jean Weigard, David Vahey and Vivian Petho
- Orangeville Secondary School Large colourful interesting perennial "pollinator" garden.
- Sylvia Bradley and Herb Harris
- Police Station 7 gardens here, a huge job, kudos to all of you.
- Chris Cox, Thom Robinson, Lynda Shillum and Joyce Morgan
- Seniors Centre Always a colourful sight!
- Linda Amos, Bruce Smith, Carol Collin and Liz Smith
- Centre Street Community Garden A tiny and mighty garden.
- Liz Nash
- Hockley Holding Garden A collection of interesting and unusual plants for our annual June Plant Sale.
- Betty Logan