Photography like art is subjective not everyone finds the same subject enchanting and beautiful, but with today’s technology; be it phones or digital cameras anyone can take a photograph. We challenge you to use you artistic interpretation and enter the photo completion. Don’t be shy, remember when we display these photos in February we are all craving images of beauty to combat the cold long winter days.
Last day for submission: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at the Annual Pot Luck and Award's Night.
Rules of Entry:
- Submissions must be the work of the exhibitor, have horticultural content and have not previously been entered into this competition in prior years.
- Exhibitors are allowed only one entry per class unless otherwise stated.
- Entries must be 4" x 6" colour prints, unmatted unless otherwise stated in the schedule.
- Entrant's name and phone number is to be written on the back, as well as the class number under which it is to be entered.
- Please add any other information about the photo necessary to facilitate its display and judging. (i.e. which way is up, if it is not evident.)
- Submit photos to Lesley Radman between January 2018 and December 11, 2018.
- My garden bounty - A fruit or vegetable growing in your garden
- Through adversity, Per ardua - A strong survivor “Your Interpretation”
- Summer Solstice - A celebration of Summer in the garden. “Your interpretation”
- Baby it’s cold outside - A winter scene in the garden
- Pollinator paradise - A close up of a pollinator at work in the garden
Judging Scale and Prizes:Horticultural Value 40%
Photographic Value 40%
Appearance and Impact 20%
1st 6 points
2nd 4 points
3rd 2 points
Best overall picture - $10.00